April 1, 2005
My April fool pranks
I was famous for being a smart but naughty girl when I was a kid and I guess I have elaborated more when I grow up. April 1st is always the best day to make my pranks legal. The tradition of April Fool was exported to China not many years ago. I didn’t get the chance to enjoy it until my first year in the university. I don’t remember all of jokes I have played on others but I do remember some unfortunately, so it is the confession time.
* In my class back to the university in China, I had a classmate who loved to wear like a man and wore pants all the time instead of skirts. On my way to get hot water I saw her coming towards my way, so I got close to her and whispered;” Your pants…are unzipped!” then I was gone with the shocking embarrassing face in my mind.
* While I was studying here in Montreal, I called my friend Y and said:” Hey I just passed by your apartment so can I come up?” Y said “ Sure, I will open the door for you.” After a few seconds, “ Seems something wrong with your door, it is not open.” “ Ok, I will come and get ya.” 5 minutes later I called again, this time Y’s wife picked up the phone,” hey where are you? Y just went downstairs with a T-shirt! He could not find you.” “ I am sorry sweetie, this is just an April fool joke!” Y grabbed the phone:” if I am sick, you will pay my medical expense!@#$@%@%!”
* I was thinking big. So I sent a beautiful and sentimental e-mail to a lot of my classmates saying that due to some family emergency I had to go back to China and I might not be able to come back blablabla…I thanked them for the great time we spent together and wish them all the best blablaba…one minute later my phone started to ring and of course I did not pick it up…in 2 hours I have received tons of calls and e-mails…I sent out another e-mail right after mid-night declaring that it was an April fool prank, the whole world started to hate me. A classmate from South America who wrote an e-mail saying that he would miss me terribly then said:” I want to throw oranges at you bad Helen!”
* I behaved a lot at work here. But it was not fun without doing anything, I figured. So I called one of my friends at work from the phone at the door, “ Hey there is a beautiful sexy lady at the elevator who wants to see you.” “ Ah, merci.” 5 minutes he came over:” Are you playing the April fool prank on me?” I pretended to be innocent, “ nope, so didn’t you see the beautiful young lady?” “No at all! I just saw an old woman come out of the elevator!” “ Ah, you know women age fast.”
* Today I decided to be a good girl, at least I intended to. So I spent most of my time being alert. However my boss took my group for lunch and my colleagues and I figured that it would be too boring not to play on someone. The waiter brought the drinks we ordered and there was extra lovely pink drink. He gave that pinky to my boss and said that it was from the lady over there. I teased my boss that he had a secret admirer. He just smiled and we thought that he might have figured out what was going on. We were a little disappointed. However, when we left the restaurant, I heard him talk to the assistant:” There might be a message from the lady who ordered me the drink!”
* 我上大学时班上有个女生喜欢打扮得像个男生, 很少穿裙子。愚人节那天我去水房打水，远远见她走来，便迎着她并在她耳边轻声说：“你拉链开了。。。“然后扬长而去，脑子里留下她瞬间的窘态。
*我在蒙特利尔上学时，我给同学Y打电话："我路过，在你家楼下呢，能上来吗？""当然，我给你开门." 过了几秒钟我说："你家的门好像坏了，没开." "那我下楼给你开去。“5 分钟后我又打电话，这回是他太太接的，"你在哪儿啊？他穿个T-shirt就下去了，也没找着你。" "亲爱的，今天是愚人节。。。" Y一把抢过电话，"要是我感冒发烧，你得给我付医药费！@#$@%@%!"
* 我的志向比较远大,觉得应该制造一些国际影响.所以就给我很多的同学朋友发了封情深意切的E-mail.说因为家里有急事要赶回中国,有可能再也不会回来诸如此类,然后严重感谢了一下所有的战友们并祝他们万事如意等等. 一分钟后我的电话开始响,我当然不能接.然后连个小时无数的留言和E-mail...一过午夜我就赶紧又发了一封,宣称此举存属愚人节玩笑, 然后全世界开始痛恨我.我的一个南美的同学还深情款款说会想念我这时恨不得用橘子砸我.嘿嘿.
* 在这儿上班后我安分守己了很多. 但如果什么动静都不弄出点显得太无聊.于是乎我打电话给我在公司一个要好的同事," 嗨,电梯哪儿有一特漂亮的MM找你."" 谢了." 5 分钟后他气急败坏地来找我," 你是不是再给我开愚人节的玩笑?" 我一脸无辜状,"怎么你没看到漂亮MM?" "根本没有!只看见一个老太太." " 你知道的啦,女人老的快嘛!"
*今年我决定改邪归正,至少我这么打算来着.我于是大部分时间都用来防止上当受骗.中午老板请我们部门同事一块吃饭.我同事和我都觉得手痒痒的应该找人试试手. 一会儿,服务生把我们点的饮料端了上来还有一杯粉色的饮料,然后跟我老板说:"这饮料是那边那位女士给你点的." 我还开我老板的玩笑说可能是你的崇拜者吧.我老板深藏不露只是微笑.我和我同事们以为被识破了,有些垂头丧气.没想到出门时我听到老板对秘书说:"说不定我回去就有那个给我点饮料的女士的留言呢!"
Posted by pengbo at April 1, 2005 9:08 PM